Smoky Mountain Service Dogs is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization with no paid administrative positions, which allows approximately 96 cents of each donated dollar to go directly towards the care/training of our dogs and Veteran recipients. As such, we must greatly depend upon the generosity and giving spirit of others. All donations will be appreciated and we thought it might be helpful to provide information on what various levels of donations would accomplish. The cost to acquire, support, train, and place a service dog is in excess of $20,000. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
- $12,500 - will serve as a Veteran Placement Sponsorship, providing a public access tested/approved service dog to a Veteran with a disability.
- $2500 - Puppy Sponsorship Program (please see Puppy Sponsorship Program on Home Page for detailed information)
- $1000 - will provide a clean, well-maintained kennel environment for a month.
- $800 - will allow SMSD to purchase a top quality dog from a qualified breeder.
- $500 - will provide a dog with spay/neutering, shots, grooming, and medical care.
- $120 - will provide six months of kennel supplies.
- $75 - will buy a six month supply of flea and tick preventative.
- $55 - will pay for micro chipping a puppy.
- $45 - will pay for Heartguard for six months.
- $45 - will buy a service dog vest and identification.
- $40 - will buy a 40lb. bag of dog food.
- $30 - will buy training treats for all dogs for one month.
- $15 - will buy a leash and collar.
There are many other items required in the training/upkeep of our dogs, such as dog beds, crates, and cleaning supplies.
OUR PLEDGE TO ALL DONORS - Smoky Mountain Service Dogs promises to provide exceptional, well-trained canines to individuals with disabilities. Each dog will be specifically trained to meet the needs of each recipient. Our trainers will not release dogs who do not meet the highest levels of health, training, and maturity. Smoky Mountain Service Dogs promises to provide continued support to our recipients while the dog is in service.
PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS TO:
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs
110 Tooweka Circle
Loudon, TN. 37774
If you would prefer to pay by credit card or paypal, please click on the donate button below:
Congratulations to recent graduates US Army and Vietnam veteran Ike Weaver and SMSD "Nitro" and US Air Force and Special Operations veteran Daniel Belcher with SMSD "Stryker"
A Salute to Air Force Veteran Billy Marshall and his SMSD "Lucy"
"Friends", a Message From Our Dogs
Written by Mitch Townley specifically as Theme Song for Smoky Mountain Service Dogs
US Army Veteran Kevin Jankoski with "Blitz", his SMSD mobility assistance dog. Graduated Oct. 16th
Marine Veteran SGT. Bradley Walker with "Bella", his SMSD mobility assistance dog.
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs "Tribute to Our Military"
Each Smoky Mountain Service Dog puppy is hand selected by our trainers and the majority will come from reputable breeders. Appropriate shelter/rescue dogs may also be considered.
Volunteer Dennis Tissot Training Bella and Blitz
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs now accepting Preliminary Applications.
Did You Know?
Over 50 million Americans, ages 5-65 have physical or psychological disabilities.
22 military veterans commit suicide daily, 7,744 annually
It takes approximately 2 years, between $20,000 to $25,000 and 1200 hours of training to place a service dog.