Smoky Mountain Service Dogs is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization with no paid administrative positions, which allows approximately 96 cents of each donated dollar to go directly towards the care/training of our dogs and Veteran recipients. As such, we must greatly depend upon the generosity and giving spirit of others. All donations will be appreciated and we thought it might be helpful to provide information on what various levels of donations would accomplish. The cost to acquire, support, train, and place a service dog is in excess of $20,000. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
- $21,000 - Patriot Sponsorship - covers ALL costs to deliver mobility assistance service dog to a Veteran - sole sponsor/presenter of the dog to the Veteran at "Passing of the Leash" graduation ceremony.
- $12,500 - Veteran Placement Sponsorship - covers all training costs to deliver a mobility assistance service dog to a deserving Veteran. Is lead sponsor and passes the leash to the Veteran at graduation.
- $4,000 - Red/White/Blue Sponsorship - covers puppy acquisition, vet costs, food/training treats and basic obedience training for first six months
- $2,000 - Boot Camp Sponsorship - covers Training Camp expenses for the Veteran/Service Dog Team along with dog equipment/accessories, harness, meals, camp training.
- $1,000 - will provide clean well maintained kennel environment for a month
- $800 - will allow SMSD to acquire a top quality dog from a qualified breeder
- $500 - will provide a dog with spay/neutering, shots, grooming and medical care
- $120 - will provide six months of kennel supplies
- $75 - will buy a six month supply of flea and tick preventative
- $55 - will pay for microchipping a puppy
- $45 - will pay for Heartguard for six months
- $40 - will pay for a 40lb. of dog food
- $30 - will buy training treats for all dogs for six months
There are many other items required in the training/upkeep of our dogs, such as dog beds, crates, and cleaning supplies.
OUR PLEDGE TO ALL DONORS - Smoky Mountain Service Dogs promises to provide exceptional, well-trained canines to individuals with disabilities. Each dog will be specifically trained to meet the needs of each recipient. Our trainers will not release dogs who do not meet the highest levels of health, training, and maturity. Smoky Mountain Service Dogs promises to provide continued support to our recipients while the dog is in service.
PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS TO:
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs
110 Tooweka Circle
Loudon, TN. 37774
If you would prefer to pay by credit card or paypal, please click on the donate button below:
SMSD has been awarded Gold Star Accreditation by Assistance Dogs International. This validates that the facilities and operation of the SMSD program meets or exceeds ADI standards.
US Air Force Veteran Chad receives his SMSD "Brice"
Marine Veteran Chris and SMSD "Millie" graduated Oct. 22nd
Congratulations to recent graduates US Army and Vietnam veteran Ike Weaver and SMSD "Nitro" and US Air Force and Special Operations veteran Daniel Belcher with SMSD "Stryker"
A Salute to Air Force Veteran Billy Marshall and his SMSD "Lucy"
"Friends", a Message From Our Dogs
Written by Mitch Townley specifically as Theme Song for Smoky Mountain Service Dogs
US Army Veteran Kevin Jankoski with "Blitz", his SMSD mobility assistance dog. Graduated Oct. 16th
Marine Veteran SGT. Bradley Walker with "Bella", his SMSD mobility assistance dog.
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs "Tribute to Our Military"
Each Smoky Mountain Service Dog puppy is hand selected by our trainers and the majority will come from reputable breeders. Appropriate shelter/rescue dogs may also be considered.
Volunteer Dennis Tissot Training Bella and Blitz
Smoky Mountain Service Dogs now accepting Preliminary Applications.